Title of the Project: Creating a Strong Network to Stir Collaboration and Partnership among the CSOs, CSOs and Government for Improved Regional Engagement.
- CSOs mapping in the Dire Dawa City Administration to identify the thematic focuses, strengths, weakness, challenges and opportunities for partnership, collaboration and networking. (Document can be attached for this)
- Validation Workshop on the finding of the CSO mapping which lays ground for the establishment of institutionalized platforms.
DDCSN held a validation workshop on 14 February 2022 had two objectives. It mainly described the initiatives had two components: Assessment and Mapping:- The assessment aim to provide a resource donor community for supporting CSOs and for planning future programs, and the mapping component has the practical objective of initiating collaborative networks and partnerships of CSOs with donors, the government, and other CSOs.
- Awareness raising and sensitization on networking and partnership as to make CSOs to join DDCSN as member organization
DDCSN held awareness-raising and sensitization on networking and partnership on 22 February 2022. The awareness-raising had two objectives. It mainly described the initiatives have two components: Assessment and Mapping: The assessment aimed to provide a resource donor community for supporting CSOs and for planning future programs, and the mapping component has the practical objective of initiating collaborative networks and partnerships of CSOs with donors, the government, and other CSOs, and participants proactively appreciated the study finding, and they mentioned they will be committed to facilitating, organizing, and supporting this kind of event and being network members.
Additionally, participants promised to help the DDCSN project believing the idea itself will enhance all CSOs’ capacity in Dire Dawa City Administration.
- Workshop to familiarize the updated guideline/bylaw
The workshop on draft “Networking and Partnership Guideline and Membership Code of Conduct” was conducted on 24 February, 2022. The workshop had the objective to:
- To familiarize the code of conduct,
- To coordinate policies, programs or other activities,
- To discuss how to obtain common funding for members,
- To create new social value,
- To strengthen members’ common identities and interests over the long-term
- Describe major issues presented at the workshop.
- Explain issues and concerns raised and discussed at the workshop
- Describe expectations of workshop participants
- Explains results (outcomes) of the workshop
- Forward suggestions